Zeal Ultra Cool ELC is an ‘Extended Life Coolant’ radiator coolant concentrate formulated with high quality corrosion inhibited Ethylene glycol (Glysantin G30) liquid and carefully selected additives to provide year round automotive cooling system treatment. It is designed to provide complete cooling system protection in a concentration range of 30% to 50% by volume. It is free from nitrite, amine, phosphate, silicate and borate and based on mono ethylene glycol, which must be diluted with water before use.
Product Description & Specifications
Product Description & Application
- It gives outstanding protection against frost, corrosion and overheating in all modern engines, but especially highly loaded aluminum engines.
- It effectively protects against corrosion and deposits in the cooling system with its vital parts, the coolant channels in the block and cylinder head, the radiator, the water pump and the heater core.
- High boiling point delivers better cooling performance in high temperature operating conditions.
- Enhanced Corrosion inhibited liquid protects Diesel & Gasoline engines and radiator parts against rust & corrosion.
- Compatible with ordinary summer coolants.
- Compatible with materials generally used in automotive cooling systems like rubber hoses, gaskets, seals and plastic components.
- Balanced additive system to guard against corrosion of cast iron, steel, copper and aluminum alloys used for engine and radiator components.
Zeal Ultra Cool ELC concentrate meets or exceeds following International and Builder specifications:
- MAN 324-SNF
- Mercedes-Benz DBL 7700.30, page 325.3
- MTU MTL 5048
- Porsche Carrera, Boxster, Cayenne
- Scania TI 02-98 0813 T/B/M sv
- VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda TL 774-D/F
|Zeal Ultra Cool ELC||Test Method||Units||Value|
|Chemical Nature||—||—||Mono Ethylene Glycol – Glysantin G30|
|Density @ 20 °C||ASTM D 4052||gm/cc||1.122 – 1.125|
|Color||ASTM D 1500||—||Magenta|
|Viscosity @ 20 °C||ASTM 445||mm2/sec||22 – 26|
|Refraction @ 20 °C||DIN 51423||—||1.432 – 1.436|
|pH||ASTM D 1287||—||8.2 – 8.6|
|Boiling Point||ASTM D 1120||°C||>160|
|Flash Point||ASTM D 92||°C||>120|
|Freezing Point||ASTM D 1177||°C||N/A|
The above figures are typical of blends with normal production tolerance and do not constitute a specification.
Freeze Protection of Zeal Ultra Cool ELC:
|Zeal Ultra Cool ELC||Water||Freeze Protection, acc. ASTM D 1177|
Zeal Ultra Cool ELC must be diluted with water before use. It is hard water compatible and can be mixed with tap water* before filling into the cooling system to give solutions in the concentration range of 30 to 50 % by volume.
* For preparation of the coolant use clean, not overly hard water. Waste water from mining, sea water, brackish water, brine, industrial waste water are all unsuitable.
The analysis of the water should not exceed the following limits:
Water hardness 0 to 20 °dGH (0 – 3.6 mmol/l)
Chloride content max. 100 ppm
Sulphate content max. 100 ppm
Should the analysis of the water exceed the approved limits, then it has to be suitably treated, for example by mixing with pure, distilled or deionised water. Excessive chloride or sulphate levels can be corrected in this way.