Zeal Protect Grease OGL series are high performance semi-fluid greases, formulated with lithium based thickeners fortified with Graphite solid lubrication, high viscosity base oils and advanced additive system to provide excellent protection against wear, rusting and grease fling off. They are available in NLGI grades ranging from 00 to 1.5 with base oil viscosity of ISO VG 460. They are suitable for lubricating large, slow to medium speed, heavily loaded Industrial gears, including heavy-duty Marine applications where heavy loads and extreme unit pressures are present. The soft consistency and low temperature properties of OGL greases, makes it suitable to spray on applications operating under wide variety of conditions. These greases are free from lead, nitrite, chlorine and other solvents, hence reduces the impact on environment.
Product Description & Specifications
Features & Benefits
- Highly adhesive grease structure – resists washout of grease in equipment and provides good lubrication even in presence of water.
- Excellent Oxidation and Thermal stability – protects against deposit formation at high operating temperatures and oil thickening, thus maintains the life and performance of grease.
- Outstanding load carrying capacity – reduces wear even under heavy or shock loading conditions by creating Elasto-hydrodynamic lubrication (EHL) film, for good equipment reliability and performance.
- Excellent corrosion protection – protects bearing surfaces against rust & corrosion, even when the grease is contaminated with water.
- Excellent pumpability & sprayability – provides good low temperature start-up & improves efficiency.
Zeal Protect Grease OGL series are suitable for most types of Marine and Industrial applications.
- Zeal Protect Grease OGL 00 & 460 are suitable for lubricating large, slow to medium speed, heavily loaded gears operating under heavy-duty conditions, wire ropes, winches, high speed chains etc.,
- Zeal Protect Grease OGL 1.5 is suitable for lubricating slide rails, boom surfaces, chains and open gears during initial turning. Example: Ring gears in cement mill.
|Zeal Protect Grease||Test Method||Units||OGL 00||OGL 460||OGL 1.5|
|NLGI Grade||ASTM D 217||—||00||0/1||1.5|
|Penetration, Worked @ 25 0C||ASTM D 217||0.1mm||400-430||330-360||290-320|
|Viscosity @ 40 0C||ASTM D 445||cSt||460||460||460|
|Dropping Point||ASTM D 566||°C||190||190||190|
|4-Ball Wear, Scar||ASTM D 2266||mm||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|4-Ball Weld Load||ASTM D 2596||Kg||750||750||750|
The above figures are typical of blends with normal production tolerance and do not constitute a specification.