Zeal ZeTrans EP series of lubricants are high-performance heavy duty gear oils, formulated from high-quality base oils and an advanced additive system. These lubricants are designed for automotive heavy-duty transmissions, axles and final drives. Moreover, these oils are specially engineered for heavy-duty axles and final drives where extreme pressures and shock loadings are expected.
Product Description & Specifications
Features & Benefits
- Exceptional thermal & oxidation stability protects against deposit formation and oil thickening, thus maintains the life and performance of lubricant and transmission.
- Outstanding anti-wear properties and excellent film strength provides exceptional equipment protection, that not only results in fewer breakdowns but also helps improve transmission efficiency.
- Excellent rust and corrosion protection for longer component life.
- Compatibility with seals and gaskets, leads to minimize oil leakage and reduced contamination.
Zeal ZeTrans EP series meets or exceeds following International and Builder specifications:
- API GL-5
- MIL-L-2105D (U.S Military Specification)
Zeal ZeTrans EP series are suitable for use in all Passenger cars, On-highway light and heavy duty trucks, and commercial vehicles.
- Suitable for Heavy duty manual transmissions, axles and final drives requiring API GL-5 level performance.
- Applications like Off-highway industries including: construction, mining, quarrying, and agriculture.
- Other heavy-duty industrial and automotive applications, involving hypoid gears operating under conditions where high speed/shock load, high speed/low torque, and/or low speed/high torque exists.
|Zeal ZeTrans EP||Test Method||Units||90||140||80W90||85W90||85W140|
|Density @ 15 °C||ASTM D 4052||gm/cc||0.890||0.910||0.888||0.890||0.908|
|Viscosity @ 40 °C||ASTM D 445||cSt||145||447||146||190||356|
|Viscosity @ 100 °C||ASTM D 445||cSt||14.3||30.0||14.7||17.4||25.6|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D 2270||–||96||95||100||97||95|
|Pour Point||ASTM D 97||°C||-12||-9||-24||-24||-15|
|Flash Point (COC)||ASTM D 92||°C||240||260||230||236||248|
|Copper Strip Corrosion||ASTM D 130||–||1B||1B||1B||1B||1B|
|Foam Seq I,II,III||ASTM D 892||ml/ml||10/0||20/0||10/0||10/0||20/0|
|Phosphorus||ASTM D 4951||%wt||0.055||0.055||0.055||0.055||0.055|
The above figures are typical of blends with normal production tolerance and do not constitute a specification.